Shoah – Let Us Remember, 2014
22. 1. - 30. 1. 2014
Center of Jewish Cultural Heritage Synagogue Maribor commemorates the International Holocaust Remembrance Day since 2010 annually with the project “Shoah – Let Us Remember”, whereas each year more and more organizers throughout Slovenia are joining the project.
This year the International Holocaust Remembrance Day will be commemorated between 22 and 30 January in Maribor, Celje, Murska Sobota, Lendava, Ljubljana, Pesnica near Maribor, Pivka, Nova Gorica, and in Laafeld (Austria) with following events:
- Exhibitions openings: Anne’s Peers from Maribor, Holocaust 1933-1945: Courage to Remember, Star Stripe – Exhibition on Holocaust, Tracing Jewish Heritage in Slovenia;
- Guided tours at the exhibition Roma on the Move and history school lesson on the theme of Holocaust;
- Scientific meeting: Each Year One Name: Zora Pičulin, Slovenian Righteous Among the Nations;
- Projection of a documentary film;
- Lectures by: Boris Hajdinjak Kohsteins and Singers – Holocaust victims from Maribor, Franc Kuzmič Conceptions of the Soul and Death Rituals in Jewish Culture, Oto Luthar and Martin Pogačar Land of Shadows – Disappearance of the Jewish Community in Prekmurje, and Renato Podbersič Forgotten Heroism at Isonzo River;
- Presentation on The Future Slovenian Righteous Among the Nations Andrej Vendramin, a Teacher from Solkan by Renato Podbersič and Cvetko Vendramin, and book presentation Die Erinnerungen des Grazer Rabbiners David Herzog;
- Concert of Klarisa Jovanović & Della segodba, radio show On Jews from Prekmurje and their Fate, and other different commemorative events.
List of events
Honorary patron of the project “Shoah – Let Us Remember, 2014” is Karl Erjavec, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia. The project was realised with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia, Municipality of Maribor and the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance − IHRA.